Computational Geometry Seminar: Franz Aurenhammer
- Computational Geometry Seminar: Franz Aurenhammer
- Two Computational Geometry Seminars
Two Computational Geometry Seminars
- 21/09/2016 de 12:30 a 13:30
- Room S215 Omega Building, Campus Nord UPC (equiv.: Room 215 Floor -2)
- Més informació
- Afegeix un esdeveniment al calendari
Title: Straight Skeletons for Nonconvex 3D Polytopes.
Speaker: Franz Aurenhammer (Graz University of Technology).
We give a concise definition of mitered offset surfaces for nonconvex polytopes, based on arrangements of planes in 3-space. This settles the problems of defining and constructing a 3D straight skeleton for general nonconvex polytopes. We discuss some geometric, topological, and algorithmic features of such skeletons, and give a classification of their constructing events in the generic case. Our results extend to the weighted setting, to a larger class of polytope decompositions, and to general dimensions.
Activities are regularly announced at: http://dccg.upc.edu/upc-seminar-on-computational-geometry/